Thursday 31 July 2008

Trip to See Mum in Manchester

Day 8: Saturday

Phew made my first week!

Woke up earlish (about 8.00am) and just had herbal tea and relaxed into the day. I made a raspberry, spinach, banana, water, with bit a camu camu powder smoothie and put into flask. Also took some salad and lasagne.

I took some presents and drove on one of the UK hottest days to Manchester. It was not helped with the fact that I thought I had air conditioning on and found out that I had recycle the air button on. So the air was getting hotter and hotter. Fortunately after 2 hours and nearly fainting with the heat I realised the mistake and changed the switches and got a good blast of cold air to keep me going.

Mum was diagnosed with cancer of the spine last year and nearly died 3 times, once from operation and twice from catching C difficile bug. She is now recovering (tumour on spine was not cancer but she had metal replacements to keep her spine viable). She does get depressed but spends a lot of her time watching sports on TV. I am not a TV sport addict (except formual 1) so it was not a great day. I did find out that my sister’s daughter who is nearly 2 is rejecting meat and eating lots of raw fruit and vegetables. Wow how cool is that. My sister is not a raw fooder but is now more interested in nutrition. I can be a remote raw model for my niece.

I ate my raw food during the day and enjoyed some strawberries that mum had bought for me.
I gave my mum money and then a bag of presents and told her to give them to my sister and brother. I had not got many as I wanted to be more eco-friendly. Many presents that we give are just junk and get thrown away. Mum gave me a box of christmas and birthday presents from the family from last year! I did not want to open them as I was not good at pretending to like the things that they get me.

I drove back late in the evening. My car is not too bad now that it has been mended but I found that if I drove too fast then it started to vibrate. So it is not totally mended yet.

I got home very late and almost asleep I just went to bed and slept immediately.

What did I eat today?
hearbal tea
raspberry, spinach, banana, water, with bit a camu camu powder smoothie
lasagna with salad
strawberries

Bye for Now
RawCarol

No comments: