Thursday 31 July 2008

Day 9: A nice surprise



























Day 9: Sunday 27th July 2008

Woke to sound of birds pecking at my windows. The squirrels had eaten the nuts so I made a cardboard contraption to try, yet again, to stop the squirrels. I think this might be the answer until it rains.

I had woken feeling like I was starving inside. That my stomach was shrunken. There was no pain but an uncomfortable tightening inside. I did not feel like eating but wanted a drink but not sure what, so ended up with a warm herbal tea.

I then did lots of raw food internet stuff (emails, blogs, download radio programs).

About 2 hours later, about 10.00am, I really wanted to eat but could not think of anything that I wanted. I wandered about the kitchen and then spied a melon and wanted it so much. So I spent the rest of the morning eating lots of slices of melon. This was exactly what I wanted and tasted wonderful even if it was not organic.

Felt a bit sugared out so about 11.am I had a piece of onion bread, spread with ½ of a baby avocado, with lambs lettuce and the last bit of cooked beetroot. Yummy

I also looked at my presents. I decided that I would open one each day and spread the surprise or shock. I opened the first parcel and inside was an amazing present. I started to cry. It was a big box of Liz Earle skincare. I love Liz Earle and have bought a lot of her stuff from QVC and her website. This is totally natural and I am not allergic to it. I do her cleanse, tone, moisturise and lip balm every morning. I did not know who had bought me this but I was so touched and regretted not opening this at my Mum's as she would have seen my delight. I opened a second present and found 8 yes 8 mouse-traps. Whilst my house has been renovated I have been totally over run by lots of mice. It was horrible but I have not had mice in the house for a couple of months now. So I wont need these mouse-traps any more. Still it was a practical present.

Ok I will wait to open the rest of the presents.

12.30 I want to eat, but don’t want sweet, or fatty… so what. In the end I had a lovely pink lady apple. Wow the taste was very strong and it seemed to satisfy without being heavy.

I spent the afternoon doing chores.. cleaning, washing, ironing and my blog updates. The weather is so hot that I just cant go outside. I am not a hot sun person yet. I did have to go out when the sun was cooler in the evening and water my tomatoes which were suffering in the greenhouse. I still only have a few green tomatoes.

I was so hot and humid today that I only wanted to drink but had no energy to make juice so I nibbled cherries and drank lots of cranberry juice (pasterised) with sparkling mineral water. Not a good raw option but it was exactly what I wanted. In the evening I made some marinated veggies and had some to eat.


So What did I eat today?
herbal tea
1/2 melon (Piel de Sapo)
cherries (250g)
1 1/2 pints cranberry and mineral water
2 tablespoons of marinated veggies

Bye for Now
RawCarol

No comments: