Monday 1 September 2008

Day 35: A different way of transitioning

Sorry for not posting recently. I was feeling guilty about eating some cooked food every day. I was also trying to avoid the idea that I might be allergic to the young coconuts or perhaps kale. I spent the weekend moving stuff from downstairs to upstairs as I get ready to have my floor rebuilt. I dont want anything to be covered in cement dust.



I listened to Victoria Boutenko ( an archived show) and she was saying that now she would only recommend going slowly into raw food by having a green smoothie each day. Perhaps she is right. Only I think I am a little bored with green smoothies. This weekend I have been having non-green smoothies and vegetables soup. It was different and therefore I was happy. It also was easy.


I think I am now going to be intuitive sem-raw. I am going to make a choice for each meal, and see what my body is askign for. I have made some marinated veggy salad for lunch but I could not face my granola without any fruit so I had a pitta bread with raw almond butter with my herbal tea. I will be raw for the rest of the day.


I need to do some experimentation to see what is causing the stomach pains. Is it general detox or is it a reaction to something.. or is a bad combination.


I did some meditating about what was happening in my stomach. I did not get any clues, however, I was made aware that the thought of 100% raw was not making me feel good. Neither was the thought of 100% cooked. I really felt that I wanted to be in the middle, I wanted to choose at any time what I could eat. I am totally aware that a raw salad is better than healthy vegetable soup... but if I have salad everyday... I really want that soup. I think that I could fight the cravings if I was feeling good, but since I was not... it was just too hard. I was pleased that I did not want to just be cooked.

So my goal now is to work out how much cooked or how much raw I can currently work with and then try and add more raw from there. I can see that the weather is now starting to change to autumn, the mornings and evenings are getting darker and already I am moving away from fruit to thinking about making raw pies. I will be very happy if I choose a salad with something cooked rather than force myself to just have a raw salad and then end up cheating with something cooked. I think by allowing myself some cooked.. I feel that I am more relaxed, and my body does not want to rebel. It also allows me the opportunity to be social. I am hoping that the compromise will mean that I will start to be excited that I can choose these great raw options than being forced to think how can I make raw easy and exciting.. what do you do when you dont want fruit or salad but are worried about nuts or seeds... and cant do grains because you keep forgetting to soak and sprout everything.

So currently I am about 50-60% raw in terms of amount ( I am not workingout calories etc).
I felt great this weekend, I had energy and I slept less hours and woke more awake. So why could I not be like this on raw food? Perhaps I was detoxing. I am really in need of my energy so I am pleased that I have this enrgetic and pain free body right now. I am going for raw breakfast and lunch and then half raw evening meal. That is my plan for next few days to see what happens. This morning was an exception as I need to get some fruit. I am also going to try a coconut tonight and see if this causes pain. It may be that it does on a very high raw diet but not on cooked... or it may be that the coconut is not the problem. I will see and tell you all about it

Anyway now that I am not in pain I am feeling so good. I have booked my sedona pink jeep tour and am trying to reserve a balloon flight. I emailed to find out if I could reserve on the tuesday and the reply came back... a general advert... which ended why not contact us for a reservation.... eh... I thought I just had!


I am getting really nervous and excited about going on holiday on my own... let alone all the way to sedona. I am worried about what clothes to wear. I have not lost any weight so my usual clothes wont fit. I could go 80/10/10 for this week and see if I lose some.. or maybe a juice fast.. But I think I would get into detoxing and I am enjoying my energy and happiness right now.. so not an option.


I am also going to see if my spare pair of glasses can be converted into sunglasses for me. This will save me buying a new pair.


Today I ate
herbal tea, wholewheat pitta bread with raw almond butter
marinated veggies with lettuce
raw pina colada smoothie
soya burger with salad.

No comments: